Thursday, August 27, 2009

THE BEGINNING

Hey, Chris here.

Welcome to Hot Potatoe Sci-Fi. I know what you're thinking, "Just what in the Hell is Hot Potatoe Sci-Fi?"

I'm glad you asked. Basically it's a chance for me and my pal, Jeremy, to do what we do best: Make up inane stories. In this format we just write a bunch of stuff, not thinking too much about it. The other one reads the new passage and proceeds to continue the story as he sees fit. Continue ad nauseum.

This all started from a string of emails that were sent back and forth around Christmas 2007. I was out of town and when I got into Vancouver I sent an email that said,"I just got into Vancouver. It is January 2nd".

To which Jeremy replied, "That sounds like the opening narration of a great post-apocalyptic film. I just got into Vancouver. It is January 2nd, 2012. The robots have killed everybody. Bastards."

And that's pretty much what started it off.

Oh yeah, and each post represents a trade-off of the story. So, the first is mine, the second is Jeremy's and on and on.

~Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment